The Parkland Adults 55+ ministry desires to provide an environment where our older Adults can fellowship, continue to grow in Christ, as well as use the gifts and abilities God has given them. Regardless of how old we are ministry never ends. Whether it is teaching a LifeGroup in Kidzlife, SaltLight Student Ministry, adults, or being a mentor in these areas, the opportunities are endless.
Many of our Adults 55+ serve our church and community through many different avenue’s.
- Mission work around the community.
- Volunteer in service organizations.
- Serve with Operation Christmas Child relay center.
We want to provide fertile ground to grow in through adult Lifegroups or Bible study classes. We also have Tuesday Morning Bible study at 9:30am in the fellowship center. This is an in-depth study led by Pastor Wayne Boydstun.
There are a number of social activities we provide as well:
- Third Tuesday Luncheon is a time to fellowship, with a program that entertains or informs us on issues affecting our older adults.
- We take trips that vary in length from a day to seven days to such locations as; Branson, Mo, Nashville, TN, Amarillo, TX, Ruidoso, NM, Lubbock, TX and more.
- Various Day Trips to Post, TX to see live theatre