Message from our Pastor,
As we all know the events surrounding the Coronavirus Pandemic are very fluid. The Staff and I have been discussing what our next response should be. I have made contact with our deacon body and so far those who have responded are in agreement that we should suspend all public meetings for the next two weeks starting with tonight’s meetings. This includes services, Bible studies, meetings and so on.
President Trump asked us this week to make an effort to limit gatherings to ten people or less. I know that some may see this as an overreaction. Many congregations in our state and community have already made this decision and many others are talking about the same things we are. I want us to be responsible and helpful at the same time.
Here’s the plan. At 10:30 Sunday morning we will have online church.
‣ If you have liked the “Parkland Ministry Page” on Facebook just jump on there and join us. Please say hi in the comments section so we know you are there.
‣ If you have not liked it please look it up and like it.
‣ We will be sharing it like normal on the website and email also.
‣ Invite someone in your neighborhood to come over and worship with you.
‣ If there are some who don’t have access to a computer, invite them to come over and worship with you.
The last five years I have taught our church that the church is not the building and it’s not something we do, it’s who we are. We are the church. So even though this is a major adjustment for this season it doesn’t mean that the church is suspended. I am reminded of the first century church and all they dealt with. History shows us that these are the moments that the church flourished and influenced.
The church is still alive and well and responding to the current circumstances. You can be the church in a lot of ways.
‣ You can check on those who are most vulnerable and staying in.
‣ If they need something picked up and delivered to them we can help.
‣ If someone has a need please help them or let us know.
‣ I have asked our deacons to keep checking in on the folks on their ministry list.
We have had some questions about how to get your tithe and offerings to the Church during our time away from on campus activities. Here are just a few ways.
1. Mail a check: Parkland Baptist Church, 921 Parkland Dr., Clovis NM 88101
2. Give online at E-giving HTTPS://giving.ncsservices.org/app/giving/parkland you can do this from the email or go to our web page www.parklandonline.net or use our church app:
Download our church app here: Download the ChurchHub App...
• In the iOS App Store,
• Or in Google Play.
• Then in the search feature just type in Parkland Baptist Church, and our app will appear.
3. If you would feel more comfortable having someone pick it up and bring it to the Church just call the Church office at 575-762-1779
Parkland Baptist Church